Monday, March 30, 2009

What I've been up to since the judges at lonely planet disclosed that they do not love me.

Here in spherelandia, we were taking a short break. A short break from daily excited posting which generates slews of visits from all kinds of nifty places (Hi again Norman!). But don't you worry your pretty little heads, it's because work (yes, that) has been taking over, and the bitter taste of defeat was not as delicious as cooking and going out of the house and thinking about other things.

But in the meantime, my amazing editor at Bootsnall was running around (as were a bunch of other editor types) at conferences like SXSW and that one in Germany, and working at the same time, working hard to get articles like this one on six unexpected places to go winetasting in Europe up and running for your reading pleasure. What I have learned from writing this article is that I can think of few landscapes more beautiful than Croatia's winegrowing regions, and that if these places weren't so far away, I'd be there in a heartbeat. Instead I'm going to Uruguay in a few weeks with MamaJ, who constitutes the other half of the guffawing travelling duo, and who has promised me that in spite of the fact that neither of us really drinks, she's game to go winetasting. Maybe that will be the follow-up to this article, winetasting in unexpected regions (not just Europe). Now I've just got to find someone to finance my trip to Namibia. I hear there are also meerkats (suricate in Spanish) Anyone?

Enjoy the article, bootsnall in general and the nailbiting wait to see just where else my blatherings will appear. (Vague Hint: two more articles should appear shortly, on (gasp) different travel websites.)

As for whether I'll write an article on that absolutely bizarre situation in my personal life that developed and of which there will hopefully be no more installments, I'm going for the big guns on that one. If Marie Claire won't buy it, maybe I'll go straight to Oprah. I'll be in Chicago for Blogher '09 anyway. Where I understand there will be no meerkats. Alas.

5 comments:

Richard said...

Drat. Those meerkats really make life complete.

Sharon said...

For some strange reason, I can't see your bootsnall articles. Weird.

Eileen said...

@ richard, I know right?

@ sharon, fixed! thanks!

marina villatoro said...

Hey, it seems you've been busy and ur editor. I actually read that article. I've been to a bunch of wineries, one of my favorite is actually in Chile:)
I've also written a few articles with bootsnall, i love that site!
The Travel Expert(a) and an Expat with a Twist

Thea said...

Uruguay sounds lovely, too bad there won't be meerkats there too.